From small beginnings at the butcher shop to the present day. Here are some interesting information about Clonakilty Food Co.:
Some facts about us
- Clonakilty is the leading pudding in Ireland.
- Colette Twomey is the sole owner and only person who knows the secret spice mix for the famous Clonakilty Blackpudding.
- At Clonakilty we make over a whopping 20 tonnes of pudding per week to satisfy the demand!
- We use only Irish beef and pork in our puddings, sausages, rashers and bacon joints.
- Our main supplier of onions is the Bandon Co-Op, with farms in West Cork.
- Flahavan’s have been supplying the pin-head oats for over 40 years, these oats give our puddings that lovely crumbly texture.
- We have a staff of more than 40 local people.
Did you know..?
- We also have Clonakilty rashers and sausages in our range.
- Clonakilty Blackpudding, Whitepudding & Clonakilty Sausages are also availble Gluten Free.
- The Clonakilty product range is available in the UK, Mainland Europe and Australia.
- We have a Clonakilty vintage bus.
- We now have a facebook page. Become a fan.