You can do a million different things with chicken breasts, but by adding a taste of Clonakilty to your dish, you can really make it stand out. Why not show off to your friends and family by serving this delicious bacon-wrapped chicken breast infused with the fabulous spice and texture of the famous Clonakilty Blackpudding.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 200g Clonakilty Slisíní Rashers
- 280g Clonakilty Blackpudding
- 2 red apples
- Handful of sage
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas mark 5.
2. Slice rashers lengthways in half.
3. Slice chicken lengthways. Don't cut all the way through to allow a pocket for stuffing.
4. Chop apples into small cubes and roughly chop sage.
5. In a bowl, combine the Clonakilty Blackpudding with apple cubes and sage.
6. Stuff this mixture into chicken breasts. Don't overfill as it will expand while cooking.
7. Once all the chicken is stuffed, wrap the rashers around the chicken breast and place on a greased oven tray.
8. Roast in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
9. Remove and allow to cool slightly before slicing into four or five pieces.
10. Serve with a baby leaf and apple salad.