Ever wonder how to make the perfect cooked breakfast? Well we have the answer! All you need is some Clonakilty produce and some Sunday morning tunes on the radio. It's so easy that you will be treating friends and family every weekend. Just think of all those happy faces!
- 2 Clonakilty Ispíní Sausages
- 2 Clonakilty Rashers of your choice (oak smoked, beechwood smoked, dry cure or mild cure)
- 2 pieces of Clonakilty Blackpudding cut to 2cm thick
- 2 pieces of Clonakilty Whitepudding cut to 2cm thick
- 1 free range egg
- Half a tomato
- Drizzle of rapeseed oil
1. Turn your grill/salamander on to full heat.
2. Place your sausages on the grill.
3. Keep turning your sausages until fully golden and cooked through.
4. Pop your plates underneath the grill to start warming them through.
5. Place your rashers on the grill in an overlapped fashion so that they are all facing the same direction and the rind of the rasher is showing. This way you will allow the heat from the grill above to crisp the rind of the rasher to perfection without drying the meat out.
6. Place the slices of Clonakilty Blackpudding and Whitepudding on the grill now and cook until warmed through and golden on each side.
7. In a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat add a little rapeseed oil, crack the egg in gently and season the yolk with a sprinkle of sea salt.
8. Add the tomato to the pan and allow to caramelise.
9. Serve your full Clonakilty breakfast on a warmed plate with plenty of toast and tea.
by Clonakilty Blackpudding Co.