At Clonakilty we make Ireland's favourite Blackpudding. We use a recipe that originated in the town of Clonakilty in the 1880’s and hasn’t changed in that time.
Since the Twomey family took responsibility for the secret recipe in the 1980’s, the popularity of the Blackpudding has continued to grow, in Ireland and now around the world.
Over the recent years, we have added Whitepudding, sausages, rashers and bacon to our collection of fine foods.
We will continue to offer our customers new foods that they will love!
From small beginnings at the butcher shop to the present day. Here are some interesting information about Clonakilty Food Co.:
Some facts about us
- Clonakilty is the leading pudding in Ireland.
- Many black puddings are made with pork, but Clonakilty Blackpudding is made using premium Irish BEEF along with oatmeal, onions, beef blood and a secret blend of natural spices.
- Our Whitepudding is made with premium Irish PORK, oatmeal, onions, a blend of natural spices, and does not contain any blood.
- Colette Twomey is the sole owner and only person who knows the secret spice mix for the famous Clonakilty Blackpudding.
- At Clonakilty we make over a whopping 20 tonnes of pudding per week to satisfy the demand!
- We use only Irish beef and pork in our puddings, sausages, rashers and bacon joints.
- Our main supplier of onions is the Bandon Co-Op, with farms in West Cork.
- Flahavan’s have been supplying the pin-head oats for over 40 years, these oats give our puddings that lovely crumbly texture.
- We have a staff of more than 40 local people.
Did you know...?
- We also have Clonakilty rashers and sausages in our range.
- Clonakilty Blackpudding, Whitepudding & Clonakilty Sausages are also availble Gluten Free.
- The Clonakilty product range is available in the UK, Mainland Europe and Australia.
- We have a Clonakilty vintage bus.