This is a permanent appointment located at our factory in Clonakilty West Cork.
Main purpose of job: To develop & implement quality systems & procedures to ensure legislative compliance of product & packaging of all company products, both in-house & contract manufactured. To provide ongoing training & support as required, to maintain the desired quality standards of product & packaging.
Starting: June 2020
Some key responsibilities for the role are:
- Responsible for the company Quality Management System
- Maintenance of HACCP system, BRC accreditation and traceability records.
- Legislative compliance in all matters relating to food manufacturing & related logistics.
- Managing shelf life testing, transit testing & packaging/labelling appearance verification.
- Total plant hygiene & related staff training to maintain highest standards.
- Liaison with suppliers & conducting supplier audits as required.
- Liaison with key customer Quality Control Departments.
- Liaison with Agriculture Department Vets ongoing, re quality standards & compliance issues.
- Dealing with customer complaints
- Providing assistance to Production Manager & EPD/NPD departments.
- Responsible for all quality related training initiatives.
Basic requirements for the role;
- Third level qualification in Food Science or equivalent.
- Previous experience in BRC & other quality benchmarking systems is essential.
- Knowledgeable in matters relating to Quality Standards, Accreditations & Regulatory Authorities.
- High level computer literacy
- Strong Interpersonal skills and professional skills to interact at all levels including senior management, colleagues and clients
- Experience in USDA an advantage