This tasty summer dish is great for the BBQ season but luckily, it can also be done in the oven for those days that the Irish weather fails to impress. The breakfast kebabs are simple and great fun for the whole family to put together.
- 8 Clonakilty Sausages
- 1 pack of cherry tomatoes
- 1 pack of button mushrooms
- 1 Clonakilty Blackpudding
- 1 Clonakilty Whitepudding
- 8 rashers of Clonakilty Smoked Bacon
- Oil for brushing
- 8 wooden kebab skewers
1. Soak the skewers in cold water for at least 35 minutes. The longer the better as this will stop the skewers from burning.
2. Turn the oven to 200c, gas mark 6, or if we have the weather for it fire up the BBQ.
3. Cut the sausages up into 1.5cm discs and the black and white pudding into similar sized pieces. Fold the bacon up into concertina pieces.
4. Take your sausage and pudding discs along with the bacon, mushrooms and the cherry tomatoes and start skewering. It is up to you how you arrange the skewers but the best results come when you interchange the order of ingredients on the skewers.
5. Once the kebabs are assembled brush each one with a little oil and either place on a tray in your oven or onto the BBQ. Cook for around 20 to 25 minutes.