Why not ditch the sugary fillings and give your pancakes a savoury twist with Clonakilty Blackpudding. Whether it's for Pancake Tuesday or a weekend brunch, Clonakilty Blackpudding breakfast pancakes are a delightful treat all year round. This simple pancake recipe is great topped with a fried egg and served with a little salad. They're flippin' fantastic!
- 200g Clonakilty Blackpudding
- 175g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 medium eggs
- 150ml milk
- Vegetable oil for frying
1. Place the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
2. Crack in the eggs, add in the milk and use a whisk to beat together until the mixture is thick and smooth. Leave to stand for 5 minutes.
3. Roughly chop the Clonakilty Blackpudding on a board.
4. Heat a non-stick frying pan, add a little oil and swirl around the pan.
5. Add a ladle of batter and let it spread to a diameter of about 16cm.
6. Sprinkle quarter of the chopped black pudding in the centre of the pancake, leaving a 1cm border clear.
7. Carefully pour a little more pancake batter over the black pudding so that it becomes covered and sealed in.
8. Cook for a few minutes until the base is golden and then carefully turn the pancake over and cook for a few more minutes until the base is golden.
9. Transfer to a plate and keep warm while you repeat the above steps with the remaining batter and black pudding.
10. Serve topped with a fried egg and a little salad.