If you're getting bored of the typical full Irish breakfast but still need your all-important serving of Clonakilty Blackpudding, then this is the recipe for you! The flavour of this dish really does speak for itself and the delicious new potatoes will well and truly keep you going until lunch time.
- 200g Clonakilty Blackpudding
- 400g small new potatoes (halved)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 3-4 medium eggs
- 2-3 tbsp fresh flat parsley (chopped)
1. Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 8 to 10 minutes or until they are just tender, then drain.
2. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the drained potatoes and fry them for about 4 minutes until they start to brown.
3. Add the onion and continue to cook until soft.
4. Season well with salt and pepper.
5. Roughly chop the Clonakilty Blackpudding, add it to the frying pan, stir and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until piping hot and beginning to crisp.
6. Make 3 to 4 hollows in the mixture and carefully crack an egg into each one.
7. Cover the pan with a baking sheet and cook over a medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until the eggs are set and cooked to your liking.
8. Sprinkle with parsley and serve straight away.