Why not kick your brunch skills up a notch with the delightful Clonakilty Blackpudding hash browns? Making restaurant quality hash browns is easier than you think. Served with smoked salmon, smashed avocado and Clonakilty Blackpudding, your loved ones are well and truly in for a brunch-time treat.
- 4 potatoes (floury variety)
- 100g Clonakilty Blackpudding (diced in small cubes)
- ½ onion (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50g smoked salmon
- 2 slices of Clonakilty Blackpudding (pan fried)
- 1 avocado (smashed)
- Small handful of fresh dill
- 1 radish (sliced)
1. Grate the potatoes in a tea towel and wring dry. Transfer to a medium sized bowl.
2. Add the diced Clonakilty Blackpudding, onion, garlic, flour and egg and mix well to combine.
3. Season with salt and pepper, shape into two large balls and place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the potato mixture and fry until golden and crisp on both sides.
5. To serve, place the crispy potato black pudding hash brown on plates and top with smashed avocado, a slice of black pudding and smoked salmon.
6. Finish with a slice of radish and dill and serve with cream cheese or aioli.
A huge thanks to Lisa Eats World for this delicious recipe.