- 100g Clonakilty Blackpudding
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium egg
- 1 (200g) can baked beans in tomato sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1. Heat a frying pan, remove outer plastic from the blackpudding and slice into eight slices. Cook in the hot non-stick frying pan for a 4 mins on each side until crisp. Remove from the pan and set aside on a plate and keep warm.
2. Add 1 tbsp of the oil, then the mushrooms and fry over a medium heat for about 5 mins, or until they are soft and juicy. Keep warm.
3. Next add the tomatoes and fry for 3-4 mins or until they are just tender. Keep warm.
4. Wipe out the pan with a piece of kitchen roll and add 1 tbsp oil, then crack in the egg and fry for 3-4mins or until cooked to your liking, then carefully lift out the pan with a spatula. Keep warm.
5. Empty the beans into the frying pan, add the Worcestershire sauce and heat until piping hot. Push to one side of the pan, place the blackpudding next to them, the mushrooms and tomatoes and finally place the egg on top. Serve sprinkle with mustard cress if liked.