Nothing screams scrumptious more than a good surf n’ turf dinner made with our famous Clonakilty Blackpudding. Quick and easy to prepare, why not give this tasty seafood dish a try and serve with apple sauce or cauliflower purée for a little extra taste. Treat yourself!
- 20 Dublin Bay Prawn tails (shelled & de-veined)
- 4 slices Clonakilty Blackpudding
- 150g cauliflower florets
- 2 shallots (peeled & finely diced)
- 100g carrot (peeled & diced)
- 50ml cider vinegar
- 50ml rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 25ml cider
- 50g baby capers
- 50g sea asparagus
1. Brown the Clonakilty Blackpudding on a pan or grill and keep warm.
2. Melt some butter in a large warm frying pan and add 25ml rapeseed oil. Sauté the prawns on both sides for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Season with salt and pepper and remove.
4. Blanch the cauliflower, diced carrot and sea asparagus in boiling water for 1 minute, refresh with cold water.
5. Mix the cider vinegar, the cider and the remaining 25ml of rapeseed oil in a bowl.
6. Add in the cauliflower, carrots, shallots, sea asparagus, parsley and baby capers.
7. Season to taste.
8. Place the Blackpudding in the centre of the plate and place 5 prawns around each pudding.
9. Drizzle with dressing.
Recipe can be found at RTÉ Food.