The subtle spices of the Clonakilty Blackpudding lend brilliantly to a traditional beef burger. This recipe is perfect if you are expecting guests. Simple and hassle-free, you can offer your guests a choice of toppings to make their own personal Clonakilty Blackpudding Burgers. It’s a must try!
- 170g Clonakilty Blackpudding
- 330g good quality minced beef
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 small onion
- Salt and pepper
1. Finely dice the onion.
2. Mix all the ingredients together thoroughly.
3. Divide into 170g portions.
4. Shape firmly to a round burger patty.
5. Place in the fridge covered and allow to chill for at least one hour.
6. Cook evenly on both sides until fully cooked. They can be cooked under a grill or on a pan but are best on a BBQ.
7. Serve your Clonakilty Blackpudding Burger on a warm burger bap with your favourite relish, crisp lettuce and sautéed onions. Or you could try it with some sliced avocado and your favourite cheese.
by Clonakilty Blackpudding Co.