Elegant, sophisticated and stunning...Serving Clonakilty Blackpudding with scallops and pea puree will have you looking and feeling like a master chef. Beautifully presented and bursting with flavour, you can leave your guests in the dark as to how easy and quick this delectable dish really is to prepare.
- 100g Clonakilty Blackpudding
- 130g frozen peas
- 3 spring onions (trimmed and chopped)
- A few fresh mint leaves (chopped)
- 2 tbsp double cream
- 6-8 fresh scallops (roe removed)
- Fresh herbs and edible flowers to garnish
1. Place the peas and onions in a small pan and cover with 150ml boiling water.
2. Cover and simmer for 4 minutes and then drain well.
3. Add the fresh mint and cream and use a stick blender to puree the mixture until smooth. Season well with salt and pepper.
4. Roughly chop the Clonakilty Blackpudding.
5. Heat a large non-stick frying pan, add the black pudding and fry for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until crispy. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
6. Wipe out the pan and brush the scallops with a little oil. Cook in the pan for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until they are pale golden and cooked through.
7. Reheat the pea puree and divide it between two clean scallop shells (or small plates).
8. Place the scallops on top of the pea puree and top with the Clonakilty Blackpudding.
9. Serve garnished with fresh herbs and edible flowers.