Who said sausages were just for breakfast? Our creamy Clonakilty Sausage and rocket linguine mid-week pasta dish inspiration is a winner! Fuss-free and fabulous, why not play around with it and try it with different varieties of pasta? You really can't beat a good pasta dish.
- 8 Clonakilty Sausages
- 400g linguine
- 100g rocket
- 1-2 red chilies
- 150ml cream
- 2 tsp olive oil
1. Squeeze the sausage meat out of the skins, breaking into grape-size chunks.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the sausage chunks for about 8 minutes until crisp and golden.
3. Meanwhile, cook the pasta and chop most of the rocket.
4. Add the chilli to the sausages, fry for 30 seconds and then tip in the cream and chopped rocket.
5. Season the contents of the frying pan and heat until the rocket has just wilted.
6. Drain the pasta, reserving some of the cooking liquid. Then mix the pasta through the sauce with a splash of cooking water.
7. Top with the remaining rocket and serve.
This recipe was adapted from BBC Good Food.