Munch it on a Monday, savour it on a Saturday or share it on a Sunday. Clonakilty Blackpudding lasagne is all you need when it comes to this comforting dinner dish. Everyone loves a good lasagne, but when you add Clonakilty Blackpudding to the mix it becomes a cuisine masterpiece.
- 150g Clonakilty Blackpudding
- 400g minced beef
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 6 pre-cooked lasagne sheets (more or less according to size)
- 20g butter
- 1 tsp flour
- 450ml milk
- 75g cooking cheese (cheddar or cheese of your choice)
- Fresh parmesan
- Black pepper
1. Fry the onion and green pepper in a little oil until softened.
2. Add minced beef and fry until brown.
3. Stir in the can of chopped tomatoes and tomato puree and bring to the boil.
4. Make a béchamel sauce: melt the butter in a heavy pan, stir the flour into it for a minute or so without browning, slowly add the milk stirring continuously. When the sauce has thickened, stir in the cooking cheese and season with black pepper and a little freshly grated nutmeg.
5. Pour half of the minced beef mixture into an ovenproof dish and spread evenly.
6. Remove the skin from the Clonakilty Blackpudding and crumble half on top of the minced beef mixture.
7. Cover with a layer of lasagne and then pour half of the béchamel sauce on top of the lasagne.
8. Pour over the remaining minced beef mixture and Clonakilty Blackpudding, add another layer of lasagne and cover with the remaining béchamel sauce.
9. Grate the fresh parmesan over the top and cook in the oven at 160˚C for about 40 minutes.