Clonakilty Blackpudding Sausage, roasted veg and lentil bake is great for those quick and easy midweek dinners and is even special enough for guests. This comforting winter recipe is not only delicious but it is also super convenient, and what’s more satisfying than placing all your ingredients into one dish and ending up with something so scrumptious?
- 8 Clonakilty Blackpudding Sausages
- 800g ready to roast vegetables (parsnip, butternut squash and carrots)
- 3 garlic cloves (bashed in their skins)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 x 250g pouches puy lentils
- 1 ½ tbsp sherry or red wine vinegar
- 1 small pack parsley (roughly chopped)
1. Place the Clonakilty Blackpudding Sausages in a large lined roasting tray and grill on medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes until brown.
2. Switch the oven on to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Remove the tray from the grill and add the vegetables and garlic, then drizzle over the oil and toss in the paprika and some seasoning.
3. Roast for 30-35 minutes more until the sausages and veg are mostly tender, then stir through the lentils and vinegar. Return to the oven for 5 minutes until everything is heated through.
4. Squeeze the garlic cloves out of their skins and stir the garlic into the lentils, then season to taste, stir through the parsley and serve.