Go meat free with our mouth-watering Clonakilty Veggie Burger. Simply form 100g of our vegetable pudding into a ball shape and flatten it into a burger patty and cook to your liking – add your seasoned tomatoes, a handful of rocket and a generous dollop of the mayo mix and you're good to go! Meat-eaters are sure to be green with envy!
1 x 200g Clonakilty Veggie Pudding
A good handful of organic rocket
4 tbsps of mayonnaise
1tsp of harissa paste
2-3 different coloured beef tomatoes
2 dairy free brioche bun
1. Cut the veggie pudding in half so 100g portions each. Then with the heat of your hands form it into a ball shape. If it’s very cold it will crumble slightly but work with it. Flatten it into a burger patty and place onto a plate and back into the fridge until needed to cook.
2. Slice your tomatoes and sprinkle with some salt and pepper. For the Mayo, mix it with the harissa paste and set aside.
3. On a non stick frying pan on a medium heat cook the two burgers nicely until golden and crispy. Finish them in the oven at 180oC for a further 5-10mins just to ensure they are fully heated through.
4. Toast the buns and dress the rocket with a good squeeze of the lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
5. To assemble, spread the mayo on the bottom bun, topped with your veggie pudding Pattie, topped with those seasoned tomatoes and your small bit of rocket and finally top it with the other bun.
A big thanks to Chef Adrian Martin for this delcious recipe.