This is such a simple recipe but it looks incredibly impressive. Perfect for a midweek family meal or even for serving at special occasions, the Clonakilty Blackpudding tart with roasted beetroot and goat’s cheese will make your mouth water. This all-rounder is a guaranteed crowd pleaser!
For the pastry:
- 225g plain flour
- 100g butter
- Pinch of salt
- 2-3 tbsp water
For the filling:
- 280g Clonakilty Blackpudding
- 300g soft goat’s cheese
- 200g beetroot
- Cherry tomatoes
- Rocket and mixed herbs to serve
1. Rub flour, butter and salt together to form a breadcrumb consistency, add water to form a ball and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
2. Roll out pastry, and line an 18cm fluted tin, blind bake at 180°C for 20 minutes.
3. Quarter the beetroot and roast in a hot oven ~200°C for 20 minutes until tender and caramelised.
4. Slice the Clonakilty Blackpudding and lightly fry or grill until warmed through.
5. Spread the soft goat’s cheese over the base of the tart and arrange the Clonakilty Blackpudding and roasted beetroot over it.
6. Garnish with cherry tomatoes, rocket and fresh herbs, and drizzle with some of the beetroot juices.
by Clonakilty Blackpudding Co.