Combining the creaminess of the crab, the crunch of the pancetta and the spice of the Blackpudding, this fabulous salad brings together a sprinkle of the sea and a dash of Clonakilty! This unique salad is bursting with flavour and is a perfect lunch for Blackpudding and seafood lovers.
- 250g crab meat
- 20g coriander
- Juice of two limes
- 4 tbsp of mayo
- 2 chopped apples
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 50g of butter
- 4 slices (approx. 140g) of Clonakilty Blackpudding
- 5 thin slices of good quality pancetta (finely chopped)
1. Mix crab with chopped coriander, lime juice, and mayo to make salad and season.
2. Cook apples in cinnamon and butter until soft.
3. Use a soup blitzer or food processor to pulse until smooth.
4. Slice and shallow fry the Clonakilty Blackpudding until golden and crispy on both sides.
5. Place under grill until crispy and allow to cool.
6. To plate up your dish, spread a dash of the apple sauce onto your plate and place the pieces of Blackpudding on top of the sauce.
7. Spoon some of the crab mixture onto each piece of pudding and top with pancetta.
Many thanks to Chef Izaak Bradley from Scannell's Bar Clonakilty for this fantastic recipe.