Using a glorious combination of stunning ingredients, the Clonakilty Blackpudding and oak smoked rasher risotto makes for a rich and fulfilling meal. The Clonakilty products add the perfect twist to a traditional Italian dish. Why not give this irresistible recipe a go and find out for yourself.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 oak smoked Clonakilty Rashers (roughly chopped)
- 1 onion (finely diced)
- 1 clove of garlic (sliced)
- 400g Arborio rice
- 1 litre hot vegetable or chicken stock
- 6 thick slices of Clonakilty Blackpudding
- 100g Parmesan cheese (grated)
- Salt and pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a large deep-sided non-stick pan. Add the rashers and fry until crisp and golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep aside on kitchen towel.
2. Add the onion and garlic to the oil and cook until softened.
3. Stir in the rice then add a couple of ladles of the stock. Bring to the simmer and cook, stirring regularly.
4. Once the stock has almost cooked out, add another couple of ladles of stock. Continue in this fashion until the rice is cooked through with a slight bite to it.
5. Stir in the cooked rashers and half of the Parmesan cheese and taste for seasoning. Keep warm with a lid on.
6. Add a little oil to a frying pan and fry the slices of Blackpudding for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Crumble some of it into the risotto.
7. Serve the risotto with more Blackpudding and Parmesan sprinkled on top.
Thanks to David Hall for this recipe.