Who doesn’t love a good sausage roll? And a Clonakilty Blackpudding Sausage roll, even better! This simple recipe is easy and quick to prepare and is perfect for easy entertaining and quick holiday meals. The tangy taste of the cranberry sauce works brilliantly with the delicious taste of our Clonakilty Blackpudding Sausages and the delicate texture of the puff pastry.
- 1 x 320g sheet of puff pastry
- 6 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 6 Clonakilty Blackpudding Sausages (skins removed & cut in half)
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Black sesame seeds (to garnish)
1. Unroll the sheet of pastry.
2. Place the cranberry sauce in a bowl and add the sausages, tossing to coat.
3. Cut the rectangle in half lengthways, then cut both smaller rectangles into six equal sections to form 12 rectangles in total.
4. Place half a Blackpudding Sausage at one end of each rectangle. Season with salt and black pepper and sprinkle with thyme leaves.
5. Brush the opposite end of the pastry with beaten egg and roll the sausage up in the pastry to enclose.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 with the remaining sausages and pastry.
7. Place the sausage rolls in the fridge for 20 to 30 minutes.
8. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
9. Remove the sausage rolls from the fridge and prick the top of each with a fork.
10. Brush the sausage rolls all over with the rest of the beaten egg and sprinkle with black sesame seeds.
11. Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
12. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
A big thank you to our friends in Easy Food Magazine for this delightful recipe.