A classic Italian appetiser dish with a Clonakilty twist. Simple, yet incredibly delicious, Clonakilty Blackpudding bruschetta is a must have at any party. The beauty of bruschetta is its versatility. You can add pretty much any topping you want and in just a few minutes you’ll have a canapé to suit all your guests.
- 1 medium baguette
- 200g Clonakilty Blackpudding
- 1 pot of cream cheese
- 6 Clonakilty Mild Cure Rashers
- Dollop of chutney
- Olive oil
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan.
2. Slice the baguette into thin slices about 1cm thick.
3. Add the bread to the pan ensuring it soaks up the oil and fry until crisp.
4. Place in the oven at a very low temperature, just to keep them warm.
5. Add the Clonakilty Blackpudding to the pan and fry on either side until they begin to turn a golden-brown colour. Remove and add the rashers to the pan.
6. Remove the bruschetta from the oven, spread a generous amount of cream cheese over the baguette and place some Clonakilty Blackpudding on each slice.
7. Once the rashers are cooked remove them from the pan, cut them into small pieces and place on top of the black pudding.
8. Once the rashers are arranged nicely, add a small dollop of chutney to the top of each bruschetta.