Who doesn’t love croquettes? Our Clonakilty Blackpudding croquettes are the perfect addition to your party food display and something your guests simply must try! With a mouthwatering texture in the inside and a perfectly crisped exterior, you and your dinner guests will certainly be coming back for more!
- 200g potato (diced)
- 190g Clonakilty Blackpudding (crumbled)
- 3 spring onions (finely sliced)
- ½ tbsp English mustard
- 25g plain flour (seasoned)
- 2 medium eggs
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 500ml groundnut oil
1. Place the diced potato in a pan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the potato is tender. Drain and mash and allow to cool.
2. In a large bowl, mix the cold mashed potato, Clonakilty Blackpudding, spring onions and mustard together until combined. Season well.
3. Divide the mixture equally into 8 and then shape into cylinders with your hand.
4. Dip each croquette first into the seasoned flour, then the beaten egg and finally the breadcrumbs. Cover with clingfilm and place in the fridge for 30 minutes until ready to cook.
5. Heat the oil in a deep saucepan and gently fry the croquettes in batches for 4 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden and crisp.
6. Serve with a sauce of your choice.